Below are the essential “need to knows” around our survey and further down I’ll dive into all the great value of benchmarking your marketing organization:
What are the benefits?
- Complimentary copy of our 2015 Marketing Investment Planner to benchmark your company’s marketing data against industry data.
- Receive an invitation to our exclusive client telebriefing held by IDC Analysts.
- Access to IDC’s industry standard marketing taxonomy.
What is needed?
- Email me (smelnick (at) IDC (dot) com) to get our survey instrument and taxonomy.
- A “lead” marketing executive with access to marketing budget and staffing allocations.
- Complete the survey by August 1st.
What is the Quality of Data and Confidentially?
- This is the 12th year IDC has fielded the Tech Marketing Benchmark Survey and will include participation from many of the 100 largest tech companies – this depth and expertise is unmatched.
- All responses are 100%, no questions asked, confidential. We take this part very seriously.
Bonus to all Participants
- All participants will be eligible for our 2015 Chief Marketing Officer ROI Matrix and will have access to their placement on the Matrix. A great way to easily compare your marketing progress against the rest of the industry’s.
Why do companies benchmark? A benchmark provides context for decision-making. You spend a million dollars a year on social marketing. So what? If your CEO asks you this question, what will you say? Tech marketers tell us that they like to benchmark for the following reasons:
Feel free to reach out and let’s have a discussion whether it’s the right time for your organization to participate!
Email me at: (smelnick (at) IDC (dot) com) or find me on twitter @SamMelnick